Are you thinking about studying in the US?

Updated: Nov 12

If you are thinking about studying in the United States, the first thing you will need to do is find a SEVP (Student and Exchange Visitor Program) certified school that can issue you a Form I-20. A Form I-20 is a document that your school will give you in order for you to apply for your F-1 visa at the embassy. On your Form I-20 you will find your personal information as well as information about the school and your program, including the estimated cost. You will also be issued a SEVIS ID.

You will need to apply to your chosen school and be accepted before they can give you an acceptance letter and Form I-20.

Once you have received the acceptance letter and Form I-20 from your school, you will need to contact your local embassy to schedule an F-1 visa interview appointment.

How do I choose a school?

Choosing a school is perhaps the most important decision in your journey as an international student. There are several factors to think about including, but not limited to: location, cost, and program type.

Many international students first need to improve their English before they are able to gain admission to a university or community college. If that’s the case for you, Colorado School of English (CSE) would be a great fit! Located in sunny downtown Denver, we are just a few blocks from major landmarks and local favorites. We also have an agreement with community colleges and universities around Colorado which will make the transfer process easy once you’ve completed the Intensive English Program at CSE. Our English teachers are highly educated and have many years of experience working with students from all over the world.

Ready to apply? Check out our post about how to apply to Colorado School of English's Intensive English Program.


  • YouTube
  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Instagram Icon

© 2019 by The Sonder Group. Proudly created with